Sunday, August 21, 2011

Evolution of the Master Bedroom

Many, many years ago in a land far away, lived a very small master bedroom...  Well, not really that many years ago, we're only talking 2008, and not that far away, either, Arkansas to be precise.  But it was a small master bedroom~


Sorry for the small picture, but it was really so small that it was hard to photograph.

Then, we moved far, far away (well, only to Texas), and this is how the master bedroom looked the day I looked at our house~



Everything's bigger in Texas.  Everything.

After we moved in, this is where we started~


We finally got bedroom furniture.  It was my 30th birthday present, and the day my bedroom furniture was delivered was the first time I remember really feeling like I was an adult. 

Then we painted the bedroom Nickel by Pratt & Lambert and replaced the bedding with a duvet from West Elm.  You may have noticed that I might have a thing for white bedding...


I got bored with my West Elm duvet.  It just wasn't a good match for our bed.  I asked for a Pottery Barn gift card for Christmas and used it to buy their Grand Embroidered Duvet in porcelain--a really close match to our paint color.  Then, we lowered the posts at the foot of the bed~


Then we added the board and batten feature -- my favorite part of our bedroom~ 




Then, we added a new white quilt (from Homegoods!!), new gold lampshades (from Garden Ridge!), solid white pillow sham (from Pottery Barn), and a small pillow that I made~


Next, I had the find of the year on my great chairs at the Wisteria outlet in Dallas~


Then came my beloved chandelier~


And, then it was time to tie it all together~





There are still some items that I want to add to finish the room, but it feels so good to finally have a mostly
complete adult bedroom.  I'm amazed by scrolling the pictures to see the evolution of our journey! 

  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! In your old bedroom, do you happen to remember the paint color? It looks to be the same exact color I'm looking for for my daughter's room now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW it grew up!! I love the chandelier!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete