Monday, April 11, 2011

Backyard Updates and Concrete Planters

This summer will be our second full summer in our house.  Last year we did a little work on our backyard, but we were still very unsatisfied with the results.  This year we decided it was time to get to work and have it live up to our expectations.  We want our backyard to be an extension of our home and serve as another living space for us. 

First things first, we had to clean up our back flowerbed.  We are fortunate to have a pool~which was a requirement to get me to leave my home state of Arkansas and head to Texas!  Our back flowerbed sits behind our pool and is a focal point of our backyard, so it was really important to us to spend some time on this area.

Here is a before picture of what we were working with~

Nasty, right????

So, we got to work!  Here is an after picture of what we've accomplished so far~


Check back later this week for the Good, Bad & Dirty details of how we accomplished this backyard update!

PS-Please forgive me for the semi-poor quality of the pictures.  I got a great new camera for Christmas, but it's still a lot smarter than me.  I working on my photography skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment