Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Favorites-Make-Up Edition

Back before the days of homeownership and house decorating when I had more "fun money" to spend, my girlfriends and I spent plenty of time and money at the make-up counter.  I don't quite categorize myself as a product junkie, but I could easily take up that addiction.  Over the years, I've gone through lots of things that I loved and some that were just so-so.  Here are a few of my favorite products that I've stuck with for years:

Nars blush in Orgasm (did I make you blush??).  The experts says its the perfect shade to compliment any complexion, which is certainly true for me.  It's not very cheap, but it lasts forever.  I think I've had my compact for 3 years!  It gives my cheeks the perfect sunkissed touch!
Lancome Juicy Tube in Spring Fling.  I've been using it since Lancome started making Juicy Tubes, which is quite a while back.  It's the perfect color to put over lip liner or lipstick or to wear alone.  It has just enough pink in it to not wash out any color you have naturally or that you are layering it with.  A little goes a long way with this one, too.  A tube lasts a long time.  Plus, it smooth and not sticky!  I hate sticky lip gloss!

Loreal Double Extend Lash Tubes Mascara was introduced to me by the make-up artist that did my wedding make-up.  I wanted something that wouldn't run if I cried during the ceremony.  She steered me away from waterproof mascara and suggested Lash Tubes instead.  Before that I refused to use anything by Dior Mascara, which I still think is great, but the Lash Tubes mascara is a much more economical option.   I wear contacts, and I've never had any issues with eye irritation.  Lash Tubes coats your lashes and forms actual tubes around them, which makes it perform like waterproof mascara.  It still comes off easy by running/splashing warm water on your eyes.   You see the tubes actually pull/fall off!  It layers well, and at about $8/tube, I just don't think you can beat it. 

Those are my favorite for this Friday.  They can be purchased at Sephora, Ulta or your local drugstore.  Check back next week for more Friday Favorites!!

2 comments:

  1. I wear Nars Orgasm (yes, I did blush! ha) and love it - it is the perfect shade. And I just blogged about Juicy Tubes as well. I found you through alamode, and I'm so glad I did, as I'm enjoying looking around! I'm now your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kara! Glad you found me! Headed over to check out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete