Monday, July 18, 2011

Banded Curtains in the House

A few weeks back, I told you how much I'd been crushing on banded curtains here.  I found these inspiration photos ~



And, then got to work on my own.  This was a bigger sewing project that I trusted myself to do.  Plus, if I was spending this much on fabric, I wanted a truly professional result.  I bought the fabric onsale during Calico Corners 20% off sale and then deposited my goods with The Fabric Yard in Dallas.  They are a great affordable option for custom drapes and pillows--and my go-to spot for anything I can't do myself.

After work on Friday, I picked up my drapes and even skipped our traditional Mexican food Friday night to stay in and install my new drapery!!!  I felt like such a dork--a happy one, though. 

And, here they are.  My new banded curtains.  I double heart them!!  They still need to be steamed, but I'm sure you won't mind...




You probably noticed the new sisal rug in the living room, too.  More on that when that project is complete!

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person in a month! :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete