Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dining Delight

I've told you before how much I love IO Metro, a modern home furnishings store started in my home state, Arkansas.  It's where we found a great deal on the new print in our living room.

I've also told you how much I love At Home in Arkansas.  They recently featured the home of the founders of IO Metro, which was remodeled and decked out entirely in furnishing from IO Metro.  After the article was published, the IO Metro blog featured posts on each room of the house. 

One of my favorite rooms in the house is the dining room.  Here are a few of the pics:




All images via IO Metro Blog

My favorite design idea from the room is that they removed the shelves from the built-ins, backed them with custom shaped mirror and inset the dramatic buffet lamps.  I think it's such a classy way to dress up dated built-ins!  And, it really brightens up the room.  I also really love the custom banister on the staircase in the background of the last picture.  More on that later, though. 

I must say, though, I would love to see a rug added to the dining room.  Maybe that's old-fashioned of me, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment