Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sold!


I know it's been almost a year since I last posted.  I could give a hundred excuses, but it really all comes down to time and priorities.  But, if I can be honest here, I didn't have a lot of extra time, and the blog was not a priority in the time I did have.  It's a new year, though, and I hope to start blogging on at least a semi-regular basis again.  Fingers crossed!

One of the main things keeping me busy last year is that we built a new home.  When we first moved to Texas in 2009, we bought our house knowing that it would be great for us until we a baby, and then we'd have to rethink things.  We didn't have any grass in our back yard.  It was all landscaping and pool--fun for adults, but not ideal for a child. 

Margo stayed in our room until she was 4-months old.  At that point we moved her upstairs to her nursery.  We very quickly decided that running up and down the stairs was not our idea of fun, so we started figuring out what to do.  After doing a little searching, we found that there was a new constuction neighborhood within a large master-planned community that we loved.  It was our ideal area and all schools assigned are rated as exceptional! 

So, we signed a contract to build a new home, and signed another to sell our old home.  About this time last year, we were meeting with real estate agents and finishing projects.  On January 24 of last year, we were listed for sale!

I'll be back in a few days to tell you about the preparation process, dealing with potential buyers and getting to close.  From sign in the yard to closing lasted only 6 weeks.  It was a whirlwind!

Happy 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment