Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Flocked Christmas Tree

Last week I told you all about the journey to my super flocked Christmas tree.  It was a lot of fun to decorate, and I'm excited to share it with you today~











I layered a $9 roll of loose weave burlap from Lowe's around the base of the tree as my tree skirt.  I love how it looks!  I also had a friend ask whether you could buy real and fake flocked trees.  The answer is yes.  Most flocked trees that you see are fake, but mine is a really tree that I had custom flocked at our local garden center.  And, to answer a reader question, it does shed some but not bad at all--it's neater than a real, unflocked tree!

How did your tree turn out?  Have you ever had a flocked tree?


16 comments:

  1. It looks so fabulous!! I love it! Thanks for answering my question about the shedding too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so pretty!! I noticed your coffee table in the picture, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I am nutty over flocked trees as well! And your living room looks gorgeous... :)

    evie @ brown paper packages

    ReplyDelete
  4. My number one favorite Christmas decoration is a flocked tree! My husband doesn't like white trees (thought I love them), but I have convinced him to like flocked trees. We don't have one for this year, but I'm determined to get one next year or do it myself! Your is absolutely gorgeous - I'm in love with the blue ornaments, but I suppose I'm biased since ours is full of blue ornaments, too.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ! Love your tree !
    Priscillas2000.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice tree! I love the ideas of using burlap as a tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tree and your blog! I just became your newest follower! I can't wait to see more!

    Sita
    www.thefamilyroomdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is beautiful Jenny! I got myself a flocked tree this year too :) ...although mine is faux! :) Your living room is stunning as well. Best, - Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG- I love your tree- and your entire living room! Thanks for linking up- I will be featuring your tree next week on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Beautiful in that space and blends SO nicely with your decor : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it - it looks so beautiful in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I am so inspired. Just beautiful. Hope you had a magical Christmas.

    ReplyDelete